Interview with Alexx from Dust Bowl Jokies
Dust Bowl Jokies is a Swedish band that origins from Sölvesborg,
the hometown of Sweden Rock Festival. Formed in the summer of
´11, they were signed by Rambo Music/GAIN Entertainment in
´12. The debut album “Cockaigne Vaudeville” was released in
I had the pleasure to meet singer Alexx at this years Sweden Rock
Festival and later we did this interview by mail.
- Your debut was very well received by the the media, were you
- Well we feel our songs and album are really good, so we more
or less assumed it would get great reviews. But we were more
surprised by the name dropping by the media to describe our
music. We don´t live or die by the media´s opinion, so we just run
our own race.
- You guys did a tour in England this spring. How did you feel the
British audience received your music?
- It was very well received, some of the places were packed and people were totally crazy. The British seams to be really into old
school rock n roll, and that is right up our ally. We are very
influenced by some of the old British acts. That just might be
why they liked us so much.
- You also played Sweden Rock Festival and Skogsröjet this
summer. How did you feel about the attendance at your shows?
- Wonderful. We love to play festivals and to hang out and meeting
all these cool and amazing people there. We wish for more
festival shows next year.
- So what happens next?
- At the moment we are planning a 9 days European tour in
October/November. And we are writing a extreme amount of new
The way things are looking at the moment there will be quit a
great deal of touring this coming Spring and Summer as well.
- Do you feel any pressure to live up to your debut album?
- Not at all. The new material is very well though thou and the
songs are of very high quality, so we can´t see this fail.
Last Updated (Wednesday, 10 September 2014 19:54)